Salt Lake City, Utah

Salt Lake City, Utah
Brittany Evans Spring Portrait Collaboration

Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

Mehendi (Henna) Celebration!!

It is not often that I am a loss for words... my friends and associates can attest to that.  In this instance, I am having the opposite problem; I am brimming with enthusiasm for the last couple of days and the amazing imagery that has come out of them!

I have had the honor to shoot a traditional Hindu Wedding Ceremony here in Salt Lake City, Utah.  The entire experience has been inspiring beyond words and it is because of my overwhelming feeling of amazement that I am struggling to poetically depict the last few days.  In an attempt to explain all of the events in a somewhat coherent manner without resorting to blushing adjectives and near stream-of-consciousness babbling about colored fabric, I will start simply with the Mehendi Celebration.

What is a Mehendi Celebration??  It is also called a Henna Party.  I will not go into a detailed description of this celebration, so if you would like to know a little bit more about the celebration here is a website to get you started:

http://weddings.iloveindia.com/indian-weddings/pre-wedding-functions/mehendi-celebration.html

Obviously, this is a quick overview, but the above link has (hopefully) given you a short idea of the importance and ritualistic nature of what I was witness to.  Please don't hesitate to do more research on this subject!

While you are researching this amazing experience, I would like to express my appreciation for being asked to photograph this beautiful bride's day!  Without further ado, here are a few pictures from the Mehendi Celebration!!










As you can tell, I even had a difficult time choosing just a few photos to post here!!  What a great problem to have!  If you would like to see more photographs from this celebration, please visit my website here:

http://www.synergyimpressions.com/Weddings/Courtney-Mehndi-Party/17547682_RKZwHg#1335792264_2zgkh9R

Feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment