Salt Lake City, Utah

Salt Lake City, Utah
Brittany Evans Spring Portrait Collaboration

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

NEW CO-OP STUDIO (the beginnings)!!!!!!

What's even better than being a photographer passionate about her job?

A group of passionate photographers getting together to start a co-op photography studio in North Salt Lake City, Utah- that's what!!

Yes, you read that correctly!  I am so excited to have officially signed on board to be a part of this venture.  The co-op studio is just in the beginning stages of formulation and in my hand I hold a key to the studio.  Well, the key is on my key chain currently- I found it difficult to grasp the key in the palm of my hands and type at the same time.  I'm sure with practice...  nevermind, I digress...

Anyway, we have a group of approximately 6 local Utah-based photographers that have come together to create a co-operative venture.  We will be plotting build-outs, gear usage, time management, and general fun shenanigans learning from each other.  Personally, I look forward to each individual photographer sharing their knowledge (and occasionally a frothy brew) while swapping stories.  I hope that we can cross paths the the Utah County Co-op to gather ideas and suggestions to help us bring together a studio that will resemble their success!

While we are all excited to hit the ground running with this venture, here are a few pictures I snapped of what it looks like currently.  These are the quickly shot "before" pictures!  (Do I need to say they are unedited??)  While we are planning on some pretty cool set-ups for the space, I wanted to make sure other local photogs know that we are also discussing being set-up to rent out the space hourly.  If you are interested in finding out more information about renting the studio, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us!!  In the meantime, here is what we are walking into:












PS- there will be a mini fridge.

You better believe I am booking this time out quickly!  Get in touch asap if you want to be part of the initial rush of in-studio sessions!  :D

Let's do this!!   {cue music for impending world domination}

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! Good luck!! Let me know if I can help in anyway! I take great pictures of photographers taking pictures!

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kyle!! Photographers love being photographed while taking pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a local (aspiring) photographer in SLC. I found your blog while searching for a studio co-op. I was wondering if you had any info on how I might be able to get in on this or what the hourly rental rates would be. You can email me at annarebeccal(at)gmail.com Thanks and congrats! The space looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anna!!

    I'm so glad you asked! I will get you in touch with the organizer and hopefully we can make it all work out!

    Cheers!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete